Thursday 28 March 2013

Government official thrashes father of two




Srinagar, March 28, :   Taking advantage of his official position a government officer allegedly thrashed a common citizen in South Kashmir’s Tral Tehsil. The said officer admitted that he thrashed Abdul Rashid Bhat. “My peon had informed me that the said person abused me and I taught him lesson.A citizen from Nazninpora, Tral told  that Tehsildar, Tral, Mohammad Rouf Rehman not only thrashed and threatened him in his office but also took forcible signatures from him on a paper pertaining to his land.
    According to reports one Ghulam Hasan Bhat, presently works in Jammu and Kashmir Police as Head Constable had complained before the police that the father of two Abdul Rashid Bhat son of Ghulam Mohammad Bhat had borrowed some money from him. “When Police found me innocent they let me go while Ghulam Hasan Bhat approached Tehsildar Tral who called me in his office and thrashed me without any reason,” Rashid said adding with tearful eyes that the government officer beat him blue and black and also took forcible signatures from him.When contacted Tehsildar, Tral, Mohammad Rouf that the said person had abused him and he taught him a lesson by using his powers. “This man is a fool who according to my peon had abused me. I had called him to my office and my peon told me that Abdul Rashid Bhat had abused me and that’s why I beat him,” he said and refuted the allegations that he had taken forcible signatures from the person.  Abul Rashid Bhat meanwhile said that he approached Assistant Commissioner Revenue, Shah Faisal who took the said officer to task and requested Inspector General of Police to look into the matter.ACR, Pulwama, Shah Faisal told  that simply gave a chit to the person by name of IGP and nothing else. “I thought my letter would help him in getting entry into IGP’s office in Srinagar and besides this matter pertained to a police official.” Shah Faisal said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment